Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Kickoff post

Another day, another blogger.

Actually, I am not a new blogger as I already have a running blog and an unused marketing blog. But besides running, my other preoccupation in life is beer. I have recently started reading some other beer blogs, and I suddenly thought, hey why not a beer blog from my part of the world, Japan?

I love drinking beer, though try not to do it to excess, and I also love brewing it. But we are not talking about insipid mass-produced lagers here. We are talking flavorsome beer, craft beer, traditional beer, artisanal beer, rich hoppy ales and tangy lagers. Belgian beauties, English ales, and American experimentals. Beer with a bite. Beverages to be savoured by the fire or enjoyed with a fine meal.

Since I live in Japan, this blog is going to be mainly about the world of craft beer as viewed from the perspective of a foreigner living in Japan. I'll write about Japanese craft breweries, their brewers, and their beers. I will write about my own brewing exploits (currently on a home scale, but who knows what the future holds). I'll talk about beer events that I attend and will try to post news of other beer events that I happen to hear about. I'll also talk about the Japan craft beer industry-- trends, perspectives, comparisons with craft beer industries in other climes. And, well, just about anything else that might come along. This is a blog after all, and it is sure to evolve. It may blossom and prosper, or whither like old hops neglected on the bine. Let us see shall we? So with no further ado, on with the show...

No comments: